Style meets art, art meets fabric
Should I reupholster?
Tiffany and the rest of the staff at Upholstery Girl want to help their customers make informed decisions when it comes to reupholstering furniture pieces. Sterling recommends asking yourself a few pertinent questions before making the leap:
- How much have I invested in this piece?
- How sentimental is it to me?
- How difficult is it to find another piece that fits my space?
- Can my piece be updated with better fabric and still look fabulous?
- Can my piece be repurposed for another room or use?
“These are all great reasons to reupholster! Personally I prefer the older pieces with a rich history,” Sterling says. “I’m also thrilled when a customer states they found a piece in the garbage and ... rescued it.”
Whether you spent a lot or a little, whether your piece once graced the halls of a Hollywood mansion or sat in a dank storage building for 40 years, the professionals at Upholstery Girl can provide pricing and consultation on an individual, per-piece basis.