FRISCO — Make that one more door of history kicked in by the Whitesboro Bearcats. But somehow, head football coach Eddie Gill hurt his knee while doing so.

FRISCO — Make that one more door of history kicked in by the Whitesboro Bearcats. But somehow, head football coach Eddie Gill hurt his knee while doing so.

“Thomas (Morales) wanted to belly-bump and I shouldn’t have jumped,” Gill said. “Old fat guys like me can’t jump anyways, and I landed wrong. The kids were giving me a hard time, telling me to suck it up.”

Gill’s pain was lessened by Whitesboro’s first football playoff win ever and its school-record 10th victory.

A slightly-gimpy Collin Kilcrease still managed 110 rushing yards and two touchdowns, and a stifling Bearcat defense posted its fifth shutout of the season in a 34-0 triumph over Caddo Mills on Friday night at FISD Memorial Stadium.

“It feels good making history, what we’ve done these past couple of years,” said Kilcrease, who’s battled injuries to both ankles all year long.

The Bearcats (10-1) will face New Boston at Mount Pleasant at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the area round of the Class 2A Division I playoffs.

“We’ve got some kids who can move around the field,” Gill said, “but we’re really going to see team speed next week.”

The Foxes (4-7), who’ve lost five games this season by no more than one possession, never crossed midfield in the first half. Their deepest penetration of the night was to the Whitesboro 26-yard line, from where Dale Bailey preserved the goose egg with an end-zone interception of Erik Richards’ pass at the 8:05 mark of the fourth quarter.

Brice Chaney had three sacks and Kilcrease also had a pick for the Bearcats, who held the Foxes to exactly 100 yards of total offense.

“Our defense turned the tide,” Gill said.

It took a while for the Bearcats to rub the sleep out of their eyes offensively.

The game remained scoreless well into the second quarter as the Bearcats couldn’t get any offense going. They got close enough for a field-goal try late in the opening quarter, but the kick bounced off the crossbar.

Finally, though, Whitesboro’s field-position advantage began to pay off. The Bearcats got first-down runs from Kilcrease and Kyle Lynn to set up first-and-goal at the 4. Two plays later, Kilcrease broke the ice on a 1-yard plunge off left tackle with 2:39 left, giving Whitesboro a 7-0 halftime lead.

“That first half, Caddo Mills really got after us,” Gill said. “We went in the locker room and I asked who our bunch was. I recognized them from last year at playoff time. We didn’t talk X’s and O’s. We talked about quitting looking around and let’s go out and play football. We were not quite that kind about it, but basically that’s what we told them.”

The speech worked as the Bearcats pulled away in the second half.

“We had a couple of discussions about stop playing timid, we’ve been here before,” Kilcrease said. “We decided to go out there and go all-out.”

The second half didn’t start so well as Jake Dyer lost a fumble at the end of a 23-yard run, but Caddo Mills went three-and-out and the Bearcats went back to work.

Whitesboro needed just six plays and 69 yards to get the all-important second touchdown. Josh Durrett replaced Kilcrease and had a pair of big first-down runs, and Lynn hit Cody Ford for a nice-over-the shoulder catch and a 36-yard scoring play, making it a more comfortable 14-0 advantage.

“(Durrett) had a big third-and-8 run after Collin got dinged-up that got us the sticks,” Gill said. “That was big, so we’re real proud of him.”

The TD seemed to finally settle the Bearcats down as they embarked on scoring drives on their next three possessions to put their first bi-district win on ice. Lynn hit Clayton Stringer on a 25-yard pass; Kilcrease added a 7-yard run; and Dyer, who added 80 yards on the night, scored on a fullback trap from the 7 with 5:19 to go.

They would’ve tacked on another late TD, but Casey Balak’s 16-yard run was negated by a holding penalty. Instead, the Bearcats ran two more plays and Lynn took a knee to run the clock out.

The 1948 Whitesboro team held the old school record for wins with nine. The ‘48 squad also holds the school record with seven shutout wins, and the 1935 team posted six whitewashes in an era where touchdowns were rarer.

Gill hopes now that the Bearcats finally have a bi-district trophy, they’ll get over all the initial playoff-game anxiety.

“You’d think three times in a row, you wouldn’t (be nervous),” Gill said. “We have five or six kids that’s done it three times in a row. But every year’s a new year and every group’s a new group. I’m just glad we got it fixed.

“I’ve been doing it for 32 years and I still don’t have it figured out. With 15-, 16-and-17-year old kids, you can never tell. Somebody ought to write a book.”