WEATHERFORD, Okla. — Rollin K insaul posted his first career 300-yard passing outing to fuel Southeastern to a 31-20 road victory over Southwestern Oklahoma State in Great American Conference play on Saturday afternoon.

The win is the third straight overall and the second straight for Southeastern (4-2, 4-2) in the series and gives the Storm a 47-37-3 in the second-longest running series on Southeastern’s schedule.

Kinsaul finished the contest 24-for-37 through the air for 324 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions. It is the first 300-yard passing outing for the program since CB Cantwell passed the mark against Ouachita Baptist on Sept. 10, 2016.

His favorite target on the day was Jaylen Sims, who turned in his third 100-yard receiving performance of the season by finishing with 11 receptions for a season-high 144 yards and two touchdowns. Felton Hatcher added 94 yards on six catches with a score as well with Braxton Kincade chipping in 60 yards on six catches.

Kenneth Burks turned in his third 100-yard rushing outing of the year, finishing with 108 yards on 20 carries and scoring once. Ryan Taylor added a score and 37 yards on nine carries while Kinsaul rushed 10 times for 41 yards.

The defense was paced by Conner Swope, Daquawn Brown and Andrew McBeth as each picked up four tackles and a pass breakup. Quincy Dotson added a pair of tackles for loss, Luke Craddock snagged an interception and Rogerick Kirby recorded the team’s lone sack.

Southeastern recovered from a fumble on the opening kickoff and the defense forced a turnover on downs on the ensuing Bulldog drive to keep the home team off the board.

The teams traded fruitless drives before the Storm moved 80 yards in nine plays before Burks cashed in a 17-yard TD run, and following a blocked PAT Southeastern held a 6-0 lead.

After the defense forced a three-and-out, Kinsaul opened the next drive with a 23-yard connection to Hatcher and ended the drive with another 17-yard toss to Hatcher for a touchdown and a 13-0 lead with 14:10 to play in the second quarter.

The Storm forced another three-and-out but the offense was unable to capitalize and a special teams fumble on a fake field goal try backfired as SWOSU’s Jalen Carr scooped up the ball and returned it 46 yards for a touchdown, and after a missed PAT the Storm lead was cut to 13-6.

Southeastern took over at the Bulldog 47-yard line with 56 seconds to play in the half and wasted little time with a 20-yard Kinsaul pass to Kincade followed by a 27-yard Kinsaul TD toss to Sims to go up 19-6 at the break.

SWOSU struck first in the second half with a four-play, 53-yard drive that was capped by a Kedron Banks’ 27-yard TD run to cut the deficit to 19-13.

Southeastern answered on the ensuing drive, going 71 yards in nine plays and taking advantage of a penalty on a field goal try to get second life before Taylor scored from a yard out and pushed the lead to 25-13.

The home team responded with a 52-yard kick return and marched the remaining 48 yards in six plays with Casey Freeman hitting JR Omigie for a 27-yard TD pass to trim the Storm lead to 25-20 with 1:52 to play in the third quarter.

Southeastern then used a pair of big plays going for 25-plus yards and the drive ended with Kinsaul hitting Sims for their second TD connection, this one for 10 yards and a 31-20 lead with 12:34 to play.

Craddock snagged his fourth-career interception later in the quarter at the Southeastern 15-yard line and the Storm ran out the final 5:38 to preserve the victory.