DURANT, Okla. — Southeastern Oklahoma State was dominant on both sides of the ball as the defense held Northwestern Oklahoma State to 134 yards while the offense posted 388 yards en route to a 37-9 victory in Great American Conference action on Paul Laird Field on Saturday afternoon.

Southeastern (3-2, 3-2) allowed just seven completions for 27 yards with an interception.

Zac Scott paced the defense with 10 stops, including one for a loss and a forced fumble. Conner Swope was right behind with seven tackles and a forced fumble and Seu Luafatasaga chipped in six tackles, 2.5 for a loss, and an interception. Troy Parker added a sack and two fumble recoveries.

Rollin Kinsaul got the start at quarterback and finished 13-of-24 for 196 yards and two scores with Jaylen Sims as his favorite target for a total of six catches for 114 yards and a score. CJ Shavers hauled in the other touchdown reception.

Kenneth Burks led the Storm with 62 yards and three touchdowns on 19 carries. Ryan Taylor added 43 yards on nine totes and Kinsaul picked up 27 on five carries.

The Storm defense stepped up out of the gate and stopped NWOSU on fourth down on its opening two drives, both times on Southeastern’s side of the field.

Southeastern took the second of those possessions and marched 62 yards in six plays with Burks scoring from a yard out for a 7-0 lead at the 7:26 mark of the first quarter.

On the following drive Swope forced a fumble, which was recovered by Parker at the Storm 38-yard line.

The following Southeastern drive was bolstered by a 35-yard Kinsaul to Sims pass, the longest completion of the night, and was capped by another Burks score, this one from three yards out with 17 seconds to go in the first quarter for a 14-0 lead.

Early in the second quarter Luafatasaga stepped in front of an Isaiah Weed pass at the 15 and Southeastern took over at the Ranger 12-yard line.

Two plays later Kinsaul hit Sims for a 12-yard TD toss and the Storm had a 21-0 lead with 10:39 to go in the first half.

The defense struck again on the next drive with Scott forcing a fumble that was recovered by Parker at the NWOSU 27-yard line.

Six plays later Burks scored his third rushing touchdown of the day but Joel Carlos’ PAT was blocked and the Storm lead was stuck at 27-0 which is where it would stand at the break.

NWOSU got on the board with 7:19 to go in the third quarter on a Zave Goodrich 37-yard field goal to cut into Southeastern’s lead at 27-3.

Southeastern remained scoreless in the third but wasted no time in the fourth as Kinsaul hit Shavers for a nine-yard toss on the first play of the final frame to push the lead out to 34-3 with 14:51 to play.

The Storm tacked on a Carlos field goal from 21 yards out to stretch the edge to 37-3 with 5:30 remaining.

The Rangers got the final word as Horatio Smith returned the ensuing kickoff 85 yards for a touchdown, the first kick return TD against the Storm since 2015, for the final margin.