The National Weather Service in Fort Worth said rounds of rain showers and storms will begin to roll through Grayson County and the Texoma area on Tuesday and will likely linger well into the weekend.


NWS Meteorologist Bianca Villanueva said rain chances will sit at 40-60 percent through Friday and fall to 20 percent on Saturday. Villanueva said one to two inches of rainfall are expected to fall across the region by the week’s end.


“It’s spring and we’ve got the ingredients,” NWS Meteorologist Bianca Villanueva said Monday. “We’ve got the moisture and some upper-level, low-pressure systems moving through, so it’s not unusual that we might have several days of rain chances in a row.”


Tuesday’s forecast in Sherman includes a 50 percent chance for rain, with a daytime high of 79 degrees under cloudy skies. Winds may gust as high as 30 mph and the overnight low will drop to 67 degrees. High and low temperatures remain much the same on Wednesday, but Villanueva said Wednesday is also likely be the most unstable weather day this week.


“There is a larger threat (60 percent) on Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night for storms to become severe,” Villanueva said. “If they do, the main hazards will be hail and damaging winds.”


Highs and lows are expected to remain in the upper 70s and 60s, respectively, through the remainder of the week, but winds will dissipate. Thursday’s forecast continues with a 50 percent chance for rain and storms, but odds fall to 30 percent on Friday and just 20 percent on Saturday.


“Just stay weather-aware this week, especially on the days when severe weather is more likely,” Villanueva said. “Whether you’re at home, at work or school, have a plan as to how you’re going to get reliable weather warnings.”


Skies are expected to become partly sunny by Sunday, driving daytime temperatures as high as 80 degrees.


Drew Smith is a reporter for the Herald Democrat. Contact him at asmith@heralddemocrat.com or on Twitter @DrewSmithHD.