The Denison City Council is expected to receive an update and presentation on the countywide thoroughfare plan project when it meets Monday at 6 p.m. at Denison City Hall. The presentation will be led by Clay Barnett, executive director of the Sherman-Denison Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Other items that will be discussed include:
• a proclamation on motorcycle safety awareness month;
• a presentation of the 2017 achievement in excellence in libraries award;
• a report on unsafe conditions at structures at 326 W. Day, 719 Martin Luther King, 918 W. Johnson and 1018 W. Rice;
• a conditional use permit for a used car lot located at 4131 S. Texoma Pkwy; and
• a resolution authorizing the city manager to waive and release the city’s interest in mowing liens under certain circumstances.
In a closed, executive session, the council is expected to discuss the following items before reconvening in open session to take any necessary action:
• pending litigation regarding 715 W. Sears; and
• projects in TIF #1 and progress under the TIF #1 development agreement.