Grayson County Commissioners approved a new salary order for 2018 on Tuesday.

The order lists the salaries of most of the people involved in county government, though none of the staffers are listed by name. The order shows the highest paid salary in the county is the $154,400 received by both the county court-at-law judges. County commissioners each make $74,502 under the order except that commissioners in Precincts 2 and 4 each get an additional $6,000 for service on the Juvenile Advisory Board. The district attorney and district judges are each paid by the state and are not a part of the order.

In addition to the salary order, the county commissioners also decided to continue to hold their weekly meetings on Tuesdays for the 2017-2018 fiscal year.

Precinct 4 Commissioner Bart Lawrence said he was the person responsible for moving the meetings from Monday to Tuesday when he was elected to his first term of office. Reports from that time show that he said doing so gave commissioners an extra day to study the agenda and be prepared for the meeting. No one voted against the matter Tuesday and it passed unanimously.

Commissioners also approved a request from Northwest Grayson Co. WCID No. 1 to do a road bore for water service at 125 Heritage Rd. in Precinct 4 and heard an update on the Sherman Independent School District’s upcoming bond election.

Commissioners also approved a preliminary plat of the 121 Craftsman subdivision in Precinct 1. Grayson County Engineer Clay Barnett said the owners of the 61-acre lot on Majors Road, just north of its intersection with FM 121, are going to put 51 acres of it into the subdivision.

Commissioners also approved the final plat of Smothermon Place Addition. The Smothermon Place Addition included confirming the availability of an on-site sewage facility. Barnett said the owners of a 116-acre piece of land on Buck Creek Road are requesting to subdivide 1.28 acres of it for residential development. The developers wanted to make sure that plat spells out that the parcel will not be eligible for sewage treatment from any provider and will need both an on sight sewage treatment facility and a well.