A young boy was injured when his clothes caught fire early Saturday morning in rural Fannin County.


Fannin County Sheriffs Office Lt. Nick Tredway said first responders were called at 10:50 a.m. to a property located near the intersection of F.M. 1753 and F.M. 1205 outside of Savoy. Tredway said the property owners had lit a fire using logs for an unknown reason. The child got too close to the logs and his shirt caught on fire, he said.


Tredway said he did not know the extent of the boy’s injuries at this time. The boy was transported to the hospital.