Last week, the Grayson County commissioners court celebrated the Gunter Tigers football team for winning state and this week, they will celebrate another city and sport. The Tioga Lady Bulldogs won state in volleyball this year and commissioners are prepared to approve a proclamation in their honor at a meeting that will start at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Grayson County courthouse.
In addition to praising the lady bulldogs, commissioners will consider the following:
• a road bore on Spalding road to allow for customer service for rural residents in Precinct 3;
• appointees and officers to the 2017- 2019 Grayson County Historical Commission;
• a request by the Tax Assessor Collector Bruce Stidham to allow his office to use the parking lot on the west side of the building so that people can drop off their tax payments from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on January 31;
• a final plat of the Ledbetter Addition and the dedication of public right of way; and
• an interlocal agreement with the city of Van Alstyne for 2017 street repairs.