DURANT — A man died Tuesday morning when a space heater caused a fire in his Durant mobile home trailer.

DURANT — A man died Tuesday morning when a space heater caused a fire in his Durant mobile home trailer.


Firefighters responded to the fire at 6:10 a.m. at a mobile home in the 1100 block of East Main St., said Durant Fire Marshal Wade Boyd. Half of the structure was completely engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The fire is believe to have been started by a space heater that was placed too close to combustibles. The fire took 15 minutes to get under control, and one-and-a-half hours to be put out completely, Boyd said.


The only occupant of the mobile home was found deceased and has been identified as Dale Ray Dollar, 36. Dollar’s body has been sent to the medical examiner’s office in Oklahoma City where the cause of death will be determined.