The Sherman Planning & Zoning Commission will consider a request for site plan approval for a trio of duplexes to be located at 1522 N. Broughton Street during its meeting Tuesday at 5 p.m. in the council chambers of City Hall, 220 W. Mulberry St.
The duplexes would also require a zoning change for the property from the current general commercial district to a multifamily residential district. the owners, Shou-Hung Chen and Tao-Min Chen, are also requesting an exception from the commission’s board of adjustments for a six-foot privacy fence instead of the normally required masonry perimeter wall.
The board will also hear a request from RGB Eye Associates for a 412-square-foot wall sign on the business’ west side at 1625 N. U.S. Highway 75.
Other items to be considered by the commission include:
• a specific use permit and site plan for a community clubhouse, pool and playground at 604 W. Northcreek Drive;
• a zoning change from single family agricultural district to a one family residential district for a number of lots in the Preston Club Subdivision;
• site plan approval for a First United Bank location at 401 E. Taylor St.;
• site plan approval for a GlobiTech Power Generation Facility at 200 W. FM 1417; and
• site plan approval for a Comet Cleaners and a convenience store at 710 and 742 E. Highway 82.