April is Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month and Grayson County Commissioners will take note of that fact with a proclamation on Tuesday.
Commissioners will meet at 10 a.m. at the Grayson County Courthouse in Sherman.
Information from the agenda for the meeting showed that there were 63,657 confirmed victims of child abuse and neglect in Texas during the 2017 fiscal year and 459 confirmed victims in Grayson County.
“Everyone in the community should become more aware of child abuse prevention and consider helping parents raise their children in safe, nurturing environments as well as supporting local professionals dedicated to meeting the needs of child abuse victims,” the proclamation says.
Child abuse is not the only problem to be featured during the month of April. The county will also observe Sexual Assault Awareness month during April.
In addition, the court will also consider the following:
• appointing Carolyn Dexheimer as a governor of the Oliver D. Mayor Foundation for a three-year term;
• approving tax abatement agreements with Finisar Sherman and West Moore Solar;
• an addendum to the ground lease for the Grayson County Sheriff’s Office firing range;
• enrollment of the CGSO in a Department of Defense program that makes some equipment available to local law enforcement agencies; and
• transfer of airport budget funds in accordance with the amended Regional Mobility Authority agreement with Texas Aviation Partners.
Commissioners will also convene an executive session to determine the value and consider a minimum bid for county-owned real property.