The Denison Planning and Zoning Commission will discuss the rezoning and issuance of a conditional use permit for 14 acres of land at the Foundation Business Park for the construction of a new cement batch plant when the commission meets Tuesday at 10 a.m. at Denison City Hall. This is the second time that the commission has discussed the project, as it approved a conveyance play for the property during a December meeting.
Other items that will be discussed during the meeting include:
• a conveyance plat for a property located in Block 1 of the Gateway West Addition, Phase 2;
• a replat request for a property located in Block 2 of the Deer Run, Phase 2 Addition;
• a replat request for a property in the 600 block of West Bullock;
• an amendment to the subdivision ordinance that adds general appeal procedures for plats;
• a proposed tree preservation program and regulations; and
• an update to the planning and zoning department.
In a separate meeting to be held at 2 p.m., the Zoning Board of Adjustments will also discuss a request regarding the proposed cement plant. Representatives for the project are requesting a variance to city requirements regarding paved parking and maneuvering space at the site. The board will also discuss a request related to minimum front yard requirements for a property located at 4817 Pinnacle Place.