A Denison man escaped injury Tuesday morning after the camping trailer he lived in was destroyed by a fire.


Denison Fire Rescue Marshal John Weda said crews were notified of the blaze shortly after 5:30 a.m., when the homeowner first noticed the flames.


“He woke up to the kitchen on fire, but he was able to get out without any injuries,” Weda said. “He couldn’t get his dog out, though. So dog died in the fire, as far as we know.”


With the residence falling under Grayson County’s jurisdiction, Weda said the county and state fire marshals would be responsible for determining the cause. However, Weda said the fire did not appear to be suspicious in nature.


“It appears to be an accidental fire,” Weda said.