The Denison City Council will discuss items coming forward from the Planning and Zoning Commission when it meets at 6 p.m. Monday at Denison City Hall. Among these items is a request for a conditional use permit for a restaurant with a drive-thru lane located at 209 S. Austin Ave. In a separate item, the council will consider a request for a conditional use permit for a food truck park located at 225 W. Crawford St.
Other items that will be discussed include:
• a request for a conditional use permit for an auto dealership in the central area district for a property located at 510 W. Main St.;
• a request for zoning change from commercial to central area district for a property located at 225 W. Crawford;
• a request for an alley abandonment at 3000 S. Woodlawn Blvd.;
• a zoning ordinance amendment expanding the number of uses in the light industrial zoning district;
• an ordinance amending the final project and reinvestment zone financing plan for Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone No. 3; and
• the conveyance of city-owned property generally situated north of West Crawford Street, east of South Ansley Lane and west of U.S. Highway 75.
In a closed, executive session, the board will discuss the following items before reconvening in open session to take any necessary action:
• pending litigation regarding 715 W. Sears;
• discussion regarding potential sale or exchange of city-owned property for right of way and/or development purposes; and
• an update by Denison Development Alliance on pending negotiations and projects.