A fire that razed a home outside Bells Sunday evening appears to be accidental, Grayson County Fire Marshal Kevin Walton said.


Shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday, firefighters responded to the structure fire in the 300 block of Washburn Road. Walton said the garage section of the house was fully engulfed when firefighters first arrived on the scene.


“It was fully involved, and it had vented itself,” Walton said.


The fire spread through the attic, and eventually consumed the top of the house, resulting in a complete loss, Walton said.


“It’s not going to be suspicious or incendiary; it’s going to look like it’s accidental,” Walton said.


The fire originated in the garage area, and Walton said the cause was likely electrical from inside a wall or the attic. One person lived in the house, and firefighters were at the scene for about six hours Sunday night. Firefighters from Ector, Savoy, Tom Bean and Whitewright provided mutual aid to the Bells Fire Department.